Sep 26, 2012

Trent's email 9/19/12

Good afternoon, Mom.  I hope the tennis match went well!  And the math homework.  I do miss high school.  I would like to go back.  Don´t feel bad, I went to the internet center very early.  Don´t worry about it.
Hmm.  Football is good.  We watched Forever Strong today about Rugby, for a pday activity.  Very good movie.  I liked it.  I hope you enjoyed yourselves playing football, but don´t forget WHY we have sabbath day.
I´m glad to hear Colton does so well, and that Dillon´s having fun as Defensive End, I think that´s called. I hope Natalie had fun on Drill.
Too bad we lost.
I am SO ready to go camping.  I love the peace in La Vega, it´s so much better than the city.  I decided that I never want to live too far east, or in a big city in California where you´re just jam packed.  I need to be able to escape. 
I got glasses, but she made the perscription too strong, so I can hardly see the computer.  I´m really ticked off, I´ll have to go back on Wednesday to talk to her.  She probably won´t be able to do anything about it unless I pay again.  Stupid doctors.
In your last email you said you wanted to know more about the district.  There are two districts in La Vega, in mine we have another pair of missionaries that go to our same branch, then another pair in another branch, and the Zone Leaders come half the time to our meeting, and they have their own branch.  It´s fun.  I realized that most of my mission, the district leader has done district meetings incorrectly, so it´s fun to figure out new fun things I can do when I do it the right way.  You know, false traditions of our fathers, no one ever reads the manual.  I like reading the manual, tells you how things SHOULD be done.  Usually, it´s pretty well thought out, if we just execute it the way it´s supposed to be executed.  That´s usually where the problems happen... a lot of times, we don´t do what we´re supposed to, so the church ends up... worse.
Anyway, I know the Lord inspires this work.  I know that we are here for a purpose, and that it´s the best purpose we could have.  A lot of times, we have to give up our own will for His, but it´d be stupid not to, because he´s a lot smarter than we are.  My plea is to be intelligent.  Do what the Lord expects and asks you to do, not what you think is best.  Study the scriptures with a spirit of humility, and you´ll get what you need.  Love the Lord above all things.  Does the Lord need our love?  Not at all.  We need to love Him.  When we do that, we put Him first.  Because His work and glory is the immortality and eternal life of man, when we put Him first, we put the salvation of ourselves and those around us as our first priority.  I can´t think of anything better.
So, think about what you do.  Every day, every moment, every word.  Ask yourself if it´s what the Lord would want.  If not, change it.  It´s worth the effort.
I love you all!
Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment