Oct 17, 2012

Trent's email 10/10/12

Hey ma, pa, and special salute to Cody, who´s tuning in with us this week!
I´m doing great.  Ah, life is good.  It´s weird to almost hit your year mark (next Friday) and I have to keep remembering to take the mission one day at a time.  A year still seems incredibly overwhelming sometimes, and I get antsy.  I´ve been thinking a lot about it.
Luckily, transfers yesterday produced wonderful results.  I´m staying with Elder Nelson!  Yeah!  So excited.  We set a goal to have 11 baptisms this transfer.  We had 0 last transfer, but there are SO many people that are just SO close.  I feel like, if we just go the extra mile (eleven times) we´ll easily reach those 11 baptisms.  We´ll have to see how things pan out.  Elder Robertson, my kid, had to go home.  President Douglas did everything he could to help him work out his problems, but he needs real professional help.  This is one of those things that I should probably explain when I get home.  Nothing too dramatic.  No stress.
Uhm, also I´m hanging out with Elder Grover a lot, too.  He ROCKS.  From Cedar.  He´s staying in Conani, as well.  Lots of exercising, exchanges, and happiness.
I´m glad you guys are chillin´ in the eighties.  I´m finally feeling a little more comfortable here in the tropical paradise.  It´s hot, man!  Yeah, teenagers are bad drivers.  Mom, don´t ever come drive in the DR, okay?  Just don´t.  Hahahaha.
I´m glad to hear that Dad´s exercising, even if it´s alone.  I like having Grover, much more entertaining.  Your Monday date is a little boring, but much more thrillfilled than a mission =) I can´t wait to go shopping and eat lunch with women again.  All in due time, right?
Hahaha, poor Becca.  It has a RED LID.  It should be easy to NOT use the incorrect contact solution.
Okay, Conference was INCREDIBLE.  The thing about new missionaries, yeah, cool, exciting, I´m excited for the work, but it really has no effect on my personal life, so mostly I just loved Elder Oaks, Elder Holland, Elder Bednar, President Eyring, and President Uchtdorf´s talks.  MAN!  I wish I could watch it again right now.  Conference is chill here.  We just go hang out at the stake center basically all weekend.  They were watching it on hard benches in the sacrament meeting room, but us 6 english speaking missionaries were in the branch president´s air conditioned office with Dr. Pepper (found at a nearby cornerstore) and cushy office chairs, watching it on his computer in English.  Many members were upset about that, but I didn´t feel too bad.  Anyway, I also have a bunch of quotes that I was going to write to you guys as, like, highlights, but I left the paper at home, so next week.  IT was FANTASTIC, though.  Meg Gass, if you´re reading this, and you didn´t see it, go watch President Eyring´s talk... I think it was Saturday afternoon session.  Totally for you.
Wow, glad to hear that Ashley has such a strong desire to serve!  You go girl!  Fill those papers out!  I know Shayna Henrie also wanted to go early, so I hope her papers are already submitted.  It really is good news about the girls =)  I love that us young men are gonna have to kick it up in to high gear.  With more returned sister missionaries, they´re going to expect more out of their Priesthood holders.  Girls are already stronger than us, I can´t wait to see what effects this has on the church as a whole.
My comp´s good.  His grandma was 98 and had alzheimers, so it was kind of expected, but she lived with them, so it´s just hard to let that go.  We´re back up to speed again.  Thanks for asking about him.
And thanks for taking care of my glasses, Mom.
I bought a belt today, and shoe polish.  I feel like a million bucks.  I´m definitely going to buy some new pants and shirts next week for my year mark... I´ve bleached two pairs of pants... and some shirts have holes in them.  Yeah.  It´ll be good.  I´ll look much more attractive.
Anyway, I love you all.  The work´s good.  We´re gonna really push ourselves.  I hope you guys learned and changed alot from Conference.  I hope you all go to Church trying to become better people.  I don´t like going to meetings just because you´re supposed to.  I know this is the Lord´s Church, and the principles it teaches are those that are going to prepare us for Celestial life.  Open your ears and hearts, everyone, and just let it change you.  It´s worth any time or sacrifice you have to make to truly understand Jesus Christ and the power of His Atoning Sacrifice.  We can become better, so let´s become better.
Love you all!
Yours,
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment