Aug 2, 2013

Trent's email 7/17/13


Good afternoon, parents.
Elder Chalas left this morning.  I'm finally receiving a MEXICAN companion, Elder Burelo, to finish me off!  We're waiting for him to get here on the bus. I'm with Elder Barrus today, my MTC companion.  We've been sent to this tiny zone together to finish our missions.  He's going to be training to finish his mission, so Elder Burelo should arrive with a new missionary from Las Vegas who doesn't speak any English.  It'll be great to have a greenie in the zone.  I sure hope Elder Burelo can cook!  I would love some spicy tacos and stuff.
On Monday, Elder Chalas left me here to navigate the area (He had a meeting in Santiago so I was with Elder Barrus) and I totally rocked it.  God answers prayers.  I've been praying htat he would help me learn the area so hard, because I'm so scared to get lost or lose the confidence of my companion or not be able to do my job, but I really have it under control now.  God answers prayers.  Everyone loved Elder Chalas and I learned a ton from him, but I'm glad I'll be able to do lead out in this area now instead of follow.  I really like focusing on lots of lessons, and that's something I missed in this last transfer.  It's so nice to be with Elder Barrus, we have so many experiences to share.  He thinks a lot like me, and he's american, so we understand each other very well.  I've been missing that. He's a great missionary, he'll be a great trainer (again)
The baptism was fantastic, beautiful, spiritual.  I learned, however, the importance of starting on time... it's so obnoxious to start an hour and a half late, just because of the Dominican culture.  Furthermore, I was conducting, so it was a little embarrassing.  However, one of our best investigators, Auri, was there, and she loved it, and also one of the moms of the kids decided she wanted to get baptized when she saw her son get baptized.  That should help a lot.  I'd send pictures, but my camera broke this morning :(  Sadly, I'm a clutz, and I dropped it on cement.  My memory card's fine, but the camera's broke.
I REALIZED LAST WEEK THAT IT WAS DAD'S BIRTHDAY, BUT I FORGOT TO SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I'M SO SORRY, DAD!  I hope it was marvelous, and that you were very happy.  Can't wait to be there for the next one.  
Wow, go Becca.  a Junior!  i hope it goes well.  That sounds like such a cool experience, a good italian restaurant!  You'll have to take me back there :)  hint hint.
Anyway, that's all for the week.  I love you all, I love this work, and I love Jesus Christ!  And, I'm anxious for October 11, just like all of you, although I highly dread the responsibility and cold weather and finishing being a missionary, but I can't wait to see you all again.
Love,
Elder Trent Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment