Oct 9, 2013

Trent's email 10/2/13


Dear Mom and Dad
ONE MORE WEEK!   WOOOO!!!!  I can´t wait to hug and kiss you both!  and BECCA!  WOOOO!!! 
That´s kind of scary.  Id like to know what Zoe thinks about the government shutdown, now that I know what you think.  I´ll be playing some fun federal government hockey when I get home, I guess, doing some research.  I´ve been thinking a lot about it lately, I read Jacob 2 the other day and really made me think about welfare programs and capitalism.  Lots of things to think about, I guess.  Life´s not very simple.  Aww, I sure hope I´ll be able to go to Zion!  
Yeah, I´ll be freezing cold in 70 degree weather.  But, whatever.  It´ll only last a few months, then I´ll get acclimatized.  
GAH!  I sure hope I get to see the painted mountains this year, I don´t want to wait another year!  I missed em last year.  We´ll see how it goes.
Thoroughly Modern Millie?  "FORGET about the Boy!"  I´ve been singing that song to myself for like, six months.  "Forget about the girl..."
Good stuff.
I love plays.  Sure hope I get to go to Tuacahn!  So many things I want to do.  I want to hang out with Grammy and Grandpa!  
Naw, don´t write me.  Early Wednesday I travel to Santiago, then I´ll be in the mission home on Wednesday, talking to all my friends in the mission that I see that day, we sleep there that night, and then we fly home earlycito in the morning.  (that´s spanish grammar.  It means really early.  Dad will laugh).  Thanks for the money!  I´m glad I was able to serve a mission, too.  You´ll see soon... I´v changed a lot.  In some ways.
This week we baptized Carmen.  I got to baptize her.  It was so special.  A wonderful way to end the mission.  I can´t wait to introduce you family to all these wonderful people whom I love so much, and who love me so much.  I love Montecristi, and I´m going to miss it SOO Much.  I can´t wait to show you all my pictures and tell you stories and read my journals with you.
Love you!  Over and out!
Elder Trent Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment