Oct 1, 2013

Trent's email 9/27/13


A COUNTDOWN app?  Ooh, Mom.  You make me so happy!  Thanks for loving me so much.  Although when you say it like that, it starts to sound REALLY long.  I´m glad I don´t have a countdown app.  Phew.  It will be fun.  I am so excited to hang out with you guys.
My first day back?  Umm, I haven´t thought about it.  I want to wake up early (which is inevitable, because I´ve been waking up at 4:30 your time for two years straight), go running, study the scriptures, and then... idk.  We should eat together so we can just chat. I just want to chat.  Maybe show you pictures, and see your pictures, tell you about my goals, get career advice, listen to good music, learn to dance salsa using YouTube...  We could play video games together, we could watch movies.  It doesn´t matter.  I have some souvenirs to give you.  I guess I can unpack mostly on Monday when you all are at work and school.  I want to watch the BYU Notre Dame game on Saturday. Talk to the stake president and set up the appointment, please, so I can go swimming.  Oh, do I want to go swimming!  I don´t know if you all will want to come with me for that, though.  I sure hope I have some goggles and a jammer packed up in my storage stuff so I can swim laps. I´m glad I have a room, too.
Yes!  Thanks for the money.  Do you think I´ll need some extra money just in case for unplanned flight expenses?  It might be a good idea.  
I don´t need a good job, I won´t even have 3 months to work.  Thanks for filling that out!  I sure hope it works.  I appreciate your help.  
Football!  Yeah.  I hope you had fun at the game.  I´m glad Becca had lots of social activities.  I think I´ll have to motivate her to get out of the house a bit more, being so social myself, huh?
Ah, Mom, don´t worry.  I definitely don´t want to live the same lifestyle that I lived before after seeing what I´ve seen here about real necessities and poverty, but I've learned a whole lot about patience and not judging.  Don´t sweat it.  I´m not the same kid that left two years ago.
I love you too!  Talk to you sooner than soon!
Love,
Trent



No comments:

Post a Comment